• 2008 :: IUAV – Faculty of Arts and Design :: Venice
Master degree in Visual and Multimedia Design
Thesis about : “Sketch a tune – interactive web radio community”
Supervisor: Gillian Crampton Smith
• 2005 :: Academy of Fine Arts :: Florence
Bachelor in Painting
Thesis about : “Abito e artista – casamorbida&altro”
Supervisor: Laura Vecere
• 2004 :: TAIK – University of Arts and Design :: Helsinki
Fulltime exchange student in the School of Visual Culture/
General Education in Fine Arts, Art History and Art Theory
• 2002 :: Itis Meucci :: Florence
Cad Cam Design Certificate
• 1999 :: Istituto Alessandro Manzoni :: Caltanissetta
Secondary High School Diploma in Psychology and Pedagogy
• For my thesis project – Sketch a tune – Interactive web radio community I worked in collaboration with many independent local radio stations like
RockFm (RockFamily) as well as Radio Sherwood.
• I worked in the video team for a documentary about Egle Renata Trincanato, in collaboration with Massimo Magrì as well for Teach me, graphic design festival, 4th editions, in collaboration with Studio Camuffo. Both all them at the faculty of Arts and Design of Venice.
• I worked for 3 months as interaction design intern at Fabrica (Interactive Department) in collaboration with Andy Cameron.
• In the past years I have attended an Erasmus exchange at the faculty of Art and Design (TAIK) of Helsinki in the Department of Visual Culture/Fine Art. There I was deeply involved in project like these:
Environmental Art: Ultimate Space project in Kilpisjarvi and Human in space project in Inkoo.
Installation Art course: Space-Sight beyond Art object project
Folklore and Fashion Design: Ecology, Tradition and Design.
• I attended workshops in collaboration with different artists like Superflex (Denmark), Remo Salvadori (Italy), Lauri Astala and Pia Lindman (Finland).
• I was art director for the first edition of Freeshout, an Independent Art Festival in Prato (Italy) as well I worked as interior designer in Ecomondo, International trade fair material & energy recovery and sustainable development in Rimini (Italy).
• From 1999 till 2003 I have participated in some group exibitions with painting, photography and installation.
• My strengths are:
visual design sensitivity
experience in Interactive media
creative problem-solving as well as human behaviour and environment analysis
ability to think conceptually and execute design concepts using software like Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash as well as traditional methods (pencil and paper)
developing designs into working Flash/HTML/Java prototype
familiarity with web technologies
ability to work within a cross-functional team
cool hunting (especially about indie music)
• I am interested in a multitasking/multidisciplinary job:
Creative Direction, Branding & Corporate Identity, Innovative Design solutions, Flash Programming, Illustration, Public Relations, Web Design, User Experience, Motion Graphics and Video, Human Factors
• I can work alone as well as with other team members to develop original solutions and ideas
• I am experienced with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Office, Final Cut, After Effects, Flash, Dreamweaver, FTP Software, CSS e HTML, Basic programming language, Processing, Pd-pure data (basic), MAX (basic), Audacity, other open source software, sensor and ubiquitous tecnologies.
I am able to make mock-ups, animated and interactive prototypes. I like sewing and knitting experimental garments.
I like drawing and I am that kind of person who believes in the relaxing and creative excercise of doodling.
Mother tongue: Italian. I speak and write English well.
Here are links to some of my projects:
Sketch a tune/Interactive Web Radio Community - An experimental interface for net-radio community.
Selfportrait – Video project
Video production is one important part inside my design creations.
In this case I’m talking about myself embroidering stories on fabric!
Remembering the Future – Studies and experimentations with Finnish folk tradition
yourBiennale – A PDA application [in collaboration with Alessandra Florian e Valentina Cuccato]
yourBiennale involves the user in a virtual land in which everybody has a own island.
The island is just a metaphorical way to give to the user a private space in which is allowed to share multimedia stuff with other users online and where they can keep in contact or organize meeting with other people according to their common interests.
yourBiennale is a playful experience but primarily it is an useful instrument to explore the Biennale from people involved in Biennale too. [download pdf]
Secret Garden – Interactive prototype
Secret garden project raises questions about public versus private space in a urban context like Venice. The main project’s aim is to focus on the possibility to getting enough people to participate in the discovery of those kind “of missing links/hidden signs” here in Venice.